In case you think all the Vander Beek moments are one glorious adventure after another, here's a recap of a conversation from today:
"Mom, I HATE this. I don't want to do this. Why do we have to hike MORE?? We just did this for four hours yesterday."
"Honey, just look at this beautiful place. We don't get to see these views in Zeeland."
"I don't CARE about looking around. I've been to Canada, out west, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala and Nicaragua. I've seen enough places. I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS!!!"
The perturbed child's walking stick gets thrown to the ground at this point.
About two minutes later I hear a terrified scream from another child who wants to quit....massive beetle crossing her path. I do admit it was the largest beetle I've ever seen (4-5 inches) and it was rather traumatizing to a bug hater.
Oh, the joys of trekking into new territory...not always easy or desirable but definitely not dull.
| Before we headed off to the Mount Chirripó trail, we walked through the gorgeous grounds of the hostel. The morning air was cool - felt so good to wear long sleeves!! |
Giving thanks to God for a safe weekend exploring a beautiful part of His diverse world.



Ha ha...I WAS starting to think that things were one glorious adventure after another, so thanks for the reality check! :) I love the last picture with the yellow flowers! We miss you!
ReplyDelete