7/21/12

July 20: God's Perfect Timing

George and I both got little sleep last night and tossed and turned a lot.  However, despite the restlessness, we went off to school with a sense of hope.  Since I couldn’t sleep, I got up early and opened today’s devotional in Experiencing God Day by Day by Henry and Richard Blackaby.

In God’s perfect timing this is the reflection for today, entitled, God's Initiatives.

The LORD said to Abram:
"Get out of your land, your relatives, and your father's house
to the land that I will show you"
Genesis 12:1

The most dramatic changes in your life will come from God's initiative, not yours.  The people God used mightily in Scripture were all ordinary people to whom He gave divine assignments that they never could have initiated.  The LORD often took them by surprise, for they were not seeking significant mandates from God.  Even so, He saw their hearts, and He knew they were trustworthy.....
The LORD may be initiating some new things in your life.  When He tells you what His plans are, trust Him and walk closely with Him.  Don't let the busyness of your present activity keep you from experiencing all that God has in store for you.  You will see Him accomplish things through your life that you never dreamed were possible (Eph 3:20)

Wow.  After such a hard week, I'm not sure there could be more fitting words for us to hear at this very moment.  Peace and assurance swept over me as I wept reading these words.  Yes, it's been hard.  But we've also sensed confirmation.  We believe God has a reason for bringing us to Quepos.  George too felt this confirmation during the night.  He spent most of the night praying instead of sleeping but he shared with us as a family this morning that he felt God saying, "It's gonna be OK.  I'm going to take care of you.  I have you there for a purpose."

Please join us in thanking God for lifting our spirits.  We have been reminded that we are not in this alone.  Pray that He indeed will accomplish things in our lives for His honor and glory that we didn't think were possible, that we'd stay positive in spite of all the new things in our lives and that we would not let the busyness keep us from walking closely with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment