This afternoon we helped at a VBS program organized by the Austin, TX team that we met in church yesterday. For the younger children there were four rotations: bible lesson, craft, snack and games. George and the kids helped with the games. The group brought along a colorful parachute which was definitely a big hit with the kids.
The middle & high school students also had the same four rotations but with different activities. I was in charge of the art/craft rotation and today we talked through and made Plan of Salvation bead bracelets. First day was a bit chaotic at times and there were lots of sweaty bodies – not sure why but VBS is scheduled during the heat of the day from 1:30-4:30 and there were around 300 bodies crammed into the church during the beginning and closing times together.
I AM POSTING THIS ON WEDNESDAY THE 24TH - OUR LAPTOP WAS STOLEN YESTERDAY SO I CAN'T GET PICTURES UP RIGHT NOW- MAYBE IN THE FUTURE
No comments:
Post a Comment